Powerstrike Fastpitch Blog
Tips before Attending Camps with College Coaches
August 5, 2022 | No Comments
Tips before attending a camp with college coaches
If you’re looking to get recruited or just get some extra work in, we’ve compiled a list of things to think about before attending a camp.
- Be calm and confident. Leave your nerves at the door; coaches want to see confident kids and good mechanics.
- Stand out. Some players wear bright colors or try to be at the front of each drill to stand out
- Come with everything you would need for a game. Being a camp company, we get a lot of questions about what players should bring to camps, and the answer is anything you would bring to a game plus tennis shoes. This also includes water!
- Know the schools. If college coaches are present that you want to talk to, first find out if you are old enough to talk to them. Players can communicate with coaches on September 1st of their junior year of high school. If you see a coach there from a college you’re interested in, learn about the school. Coaches want to know that players are genuinely interested in their school, not just getting signed. Players should know whether that school has their intended majors and if it’s in the right place for them.
- Have fun. Camps are made to be fun and for players to get work in, so enjoy what you’re doing!
Please follow and like us: