Pick-up Player Rules
These are the rules that apply with the USSSA guest player system:
1) To be an eligible guest player, the guest player MUST be on another roster. If a player is not rostered, you wouldn't be able to use the guest player system to add them to your roster, you'd need to contact your state director to add them to your roster.
2) All guest player request need to be done 4 hours prior to first game of tournament.
3) Who is eligible to guest play for your team:
- If your team is playing in a C or B division of a tournament, your guest players would need to be in the same age/class of team that the guest playing team is playing or lower. Players rostered on a higher class/age team wouldn't be eligible to guest play even if age eligible. EX. your team is playing 14C division, you'd be able to pick up a 14C, 13C, or 12C rostered player as a guest player. If your team was playing in a 14B division you'd be able to pick up a 14B, 14C, 13Open, 13C, 12A, 12B, 12C, 11Open, or 11C rostered player as a guest player.
- If your 14B team is playing in an A or Open division of the tournament, you can use a player rostered on a higher age/class team as long as they are still age eligible. EX. Your team is playing 14A this weekend, you need a guest player and someone you know is rostered on a 16B roster but is still 14U eligible. You'd be able to use her as a guest player. If your team was playing 14B in the 14B division of the tournament, you would not be able to use her as a guest player.
- If your team is playing in a C or B division of an event, you can have up to 15 players. EX. Your 14B team has 20 rostered players and 5 aren't available to play this weekend, you wouldn't be able to use a guest player as you have 15 players still available to play. Now if your team has 6 players missing this weekend, you'd deactivate the 6 players, then you'd be able to use 1 guest payer for the weekend to bring you up to 15.